Tuesday, July 26, 2005

got the right tools now...

With Dr. Iba's help I added some functions to my repetouir today. Now I should be able to write output to a file, and change floating points and integers into binary.

First though I need to write a function that will return the right set of numbers. I can map the update-cell function onto the swarm a given number of times pretty easily, but getting the right numbers to all come out after each recursion is a little more tricky. I can use (print ...), but I'm not sure that will work with the whole output thing. Here I go again, trying to make something work that I know almost nothing about, lol.

I seriously need to have this working by the end of the week though. And I still have to go get SimRender, and get it compiled and working so I can give it the output file to chew on. I hope that SimRender doesn't freak out when parasites try to pass through each other. Because they are going to. I don't have anything in the program to make them avoid each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home