Monday, July 25, 2005

hurdles

Tarynn is back :-)

The calculations work the way they are supposed to (woot!). But I'm still a ways away from getting it to display on SimRender though. What remains aren't so much walls as hurdles. Be prepared for a fairly large e-mail Dr. Iba....

--I need to write a piece of code that prints out a list of numbers into a file. Shouldn't be hard, just haven't done it before.
--That file must be in binary. I'm assuming Scheme can do this... I hope.
--I'm pretty sure that in order to print in binary I'll need to be running a language bigger than "Advanced Student". "Pretty Big" looks good because it has all the stuff of Advanced Student and MrEd (which includes MzScheme, which includes the standard language). I'm running into problems when I try to switch to Pretty Big though. It's throwing an error that I don't understand, and quite frankly, DrScheme's documentation stinks. There maybe be more problems beyond that, but I won't know until I fix the first problem. I did find out how to fix the format of the vectors so that it accepted them. Annoying that the student languages are so different from regular Scheme.

And now a bit of fun: PhD (Piled Higher and Deeper)
Well worth reading the entire archive.
And yes, I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home